I’ve heard the low rumblings of a movement afoot within the Tea Party to start raising awareness of the failures and frankly the terrible successes of our President and his Administration. It is gaining some traction and it seems like an awesome idea.
It’s called The Sticky Note Campaign and though it started as an idea to present Conservative messages across the country at individual gas pumps is now expanding into grocery and retail stores such as these in Georgia. There are even photos of them posted in bathrooms and elevators!
The idea is absolute genius, low cost, non-destructive and really simple to do.
- Get a large stack of yellow sticky notes
- Get a magic marker
- Get a roll of transparent tape (use only if necessary)
- Write short messages on the notes
- Post the notes on gas pumps whenever you buy gas
- Post the notes where ever, when ever you find higher prices
Here’s some of the best Sticky Note messages we’ve seen so far:
- How’s that Hopey Changey Thing Working For You? NOBAMA 2012
- Full Of Hope & Change With An Empty Tank! NOBAMA 2012
- Hope & Change At Work Here! High Prices – Thanks Obama.
- You’re Fired – NOBAMA 2012
- We cannot afford another four years of Obama
- OBAMA-NOMICS: The “change” I have left after paying other people’s bills.
- Higher Energy Prices – Thanks Obama – NOBAMA 2012
- Like These Prices? NOBAMA 2012
- Does Hope & Change Leave You Feeling Empty? NOBAMA 2012
- NOBAMA – Let’s not find out how much worse it could be.
A Facebook page has been setup to share photos and info for this grassroots activist campaign. Be sure to take photos of your notes and post them to your own Facebook page for your friends and relatives to see as well. That way, the notes can do double duty!
Here’s a couple of things to remember:
Do not write vulgar, racist or inappropriate messages on the notes. Do not put the notes where they will impede the use of any equipment or prevent a person from reading any necessary safety information or digital readouts. We are not union activists, so don’t confront anyone or seek to be disruptive in any way.
The Sticky Note Campaign is about having some fun and getting a message out to all those who are paying more for everything.
If you have some good ideas for messages or some pictures to send us, let us know.