It seems that Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel has become Washington’s newest whipping boy, drawing the ire of nearly everyone who might in any way have an interest in national security. No sooner did he complete his preview of the FY15 Defense Budget than critics pounced with an eye-watering zeal. Most have argued that his recommended cuts to our military will fatally compromise America’s security while others feel the cuts weren’t deep enough given the end of our two long-running wars. And some have noted the lack of an accompanying defense strategy (apparently forgetting last year’s Strategic Choices and Management Review Report (SCMR) and the soon to be released 2014 Quadrennial Defense Report) that would have provided a context for how the smaller force will be employed to protect our security interests. Frankly, while the various criticisms have merit in their particulars they largely miss the mark in addressing the root problem: the institutional irresponsibility of both Congress and the White House in the gross mismanagement of our national finances with the consequence that our government is on the verge of failing to provide for the security of our Nation.
Bond Issue Petition
- Debate: Does Every Bakery Have to Bake Cakes for Every Wedding? (VIDEO)
- Networks Allow a Scant Two Minutes for Obama’s ‘Dramatic’ Reduction of the Army
- Hagel’s Budget and the Real Threat to National Security
- IRS’ Friendly Reminder to Make Obamacare Payment (or Else) is Dripping in Leftist Language
- Megyn Kelly Destroys Pro-Obamacare Congressman For Attacking Cancer Patient (VIDEO)
- The Liberty Professor Endorses Chris McDaniel for US Senate
- Senator Chris McDaniel: A True Fiscal Conservative
- WaPo: Cochran Rated One of the Lowest by ACU
- School Issues ‘No Trespass Order’ on Iraq Veteran Who Questioned Daughter’s Homework Assignment on Islam
- US Lawmen Allowed Drug Cartels’ Grenade Trafficker to Move Freely, Report Finds
- Poll Shows Young Voters Switching Allegiance From Democrats to GOP
- Senate’s No. 1 Republican Explains Why a GOP-Controlled Senate Doesn’t Mean Repeal of Obamacare
- Caught on Tape: Lindsey Graham Riffs on White Men and Baptists in Leaked Recordings
- ‘Bathroom Bill’ Unresolved as Houston Mayor Backs Off Subpoenas of Pastors’ Sermons
- Brittany Maynard Planned to Die on Nov. 1. Now, Her Plans Have Changed.
- Why the US Can’t Trust Iran to Help Defeat ISIS
- Attack Ad on ‘Immigration Amnesty’ Puts Karl Rove in Unexpected Camp
- Computer Hacks and Screaming Flacks: 5 Startling Anecdotes From Sharyl Attkisson’s New Book
- Mary Landrieu Makes Ugly Racially Charged Comment That Makes It Seem She’s Trying to Lose Her Race
- Love It or Hate It, But This Successful Businessman Refuses to Pay for His Kids’ College Education
- New Dash Cam Video: 8 Police Officers Surround a Mentally Ill Homeless Man And Gun Him Down
- Cosmo Magazine Cries Foul Over ‘Condescending’ Pro-GOP Ad. Then Does The Most Tacky Thing Ever.
- ISIS Terrorists Set Victims on Fire Just to See If They Were Alive. But They Didn’t Count On Some Escaping Anyway.
- The spectacular self-immolation of Wendy R. Davis
- Jon Stewart gives Wendy Davis enticing suggestion for saving campaign
- Sen. Mary Landrieu enters voluntary quarantine in last-ditch effort to save campaign
- Hillary Clinton: Now that I’m speaking to a different audience, I can tell you that businesses DO create jobs
- But remember, the border is secure!