It seems that Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel has become Washington’s newest whipping boy, drawing the ire of nearly everyone who might in any way have an interest in national security. No sooner did he complete his preview of the FY15 Defense Budget than critics pounced with an eye-watering zeal. Most have argued that his recommended cuts to our military will fatally compromise America’s security while others feel the cuts weren’t deep enough given the end of our two long-running wars. And some have noted the lack of an accompanying defense strategy (apparently forgetting last year’s Strategic Choices and Management Review Report (SCMR) and the soon to be released 2014 Quadrennial Defense Report) that would have provided a context for how the smaller force will be employed to protect our security interests. Frankly, while the various criticisms have merit in their particulars they largely miss the mark in addressing the root problem: the institutional irresponsibility of both Congress and the White House in the gross mismanagement of our national finances with the consequence that our government is on the verge of failing to provide for the security of our Nation.
Bond Issue Petition
- Debate: Does Every Bakery Have to Bake Cakes for Every Wedding? (VIDEO)
- Networks Allow a Scant Two Minutes for Obama’s ‘Dramatic’ Reduction of the Army
- Hagel’s Budget and the Real Threat to National Security
- IRS’ Friendly Reminder to Make Obamacare Payment (or Else) is Dripping in Leftist Language
- Megyn Kelly Destroys Pro-Obamacare Congressman For Attacking Cancer Patient (VIDEO)
- The Liberty Professor Endorses Chris McDaniel for US Senate
- Senator Chris McDaniel: A True Fiscal Conservative
- WaPo: Cochran Rated One of the Lowest by ACU
- If Obama Wants More Solar Energy, Why Is He Making It So Expensive?
- Why Did John Kerry Just Apologize for America?
- This Man Lost His Job Because He Wouldn’t Pay Union Dues
- We Shouldn’t Legitimize the Castros and Establish Diplomatic Relations with Cuba
- 14 States Cut Taxes in 2014. Is Yours One of Them?
- Why Even Common Core Supporters Are Changing Their Minds
- Did Unqualified Students Get Favorable Treatment at University of Texas?
- Taxpayers on Losing End of Government’s Lax Oversight of Florida Nonprofit
- After Outcry, City Won’t Seize Man’s Home Over $40 Drug Bust
- Harvard Activists Call Israeli-Made Soda Machines a ‘Microaggression’
- NYPD Officers Fire Back at New York City Mayor & City Council Speaker for Insulting Their Integrity
- ‘It’s an Execution': Two NYPD Officers are Killed in the Most Heinous Way in Brooklyn
- Donald Trump Sends A Christmas Card to Obama That is Sure to Get Under the President’s Skin
- Watch 5,000 Years of Religion Take Place Before Your Very Eyes in Under 90 Seconds
- What Each State is Best and Worst At: 3 Maps Show the Wonderful Variety of the United States
- Priorities: Obama admin tasks healthcare facilities with focusing more on … climate change
- Now how about a report about how many Dems already knew about the CIA’s interrogation techniques?
- If you like your Slurpee, you can keep your Slurpee: Obamacare ads coming to 7-Eleven receipts
- The cop-hating cult of Larry Davis
- Elizabeth Warren was against government shutdowns before she was for them
- Donald Trump Wrote A Must-See Christmas Card To Obama That Is Loved By Some, Hated By Others
- Obama Values Terrorists
- The Koch Brothers Are Not As Conservative As You Might Think
- Watch: Rosie Claimed To Know What Racism Is, And Whoopi Almost Fell Out Of Her Seat
- Two Philadelphia State Representatives Indicted On Bribery, Other Charges In Voting Against A Voter ID Law